It's been two months since the new year descended upon us, but in those eight weeks, have you ever stopped to evaluate your life and see how much you have changed for the better? If you still haven't figured it out yet, then I'm sharing these gold nuggets to transform yourself into a compassionate human being from here on out. You may have encountered them from self-help books but it pays to be reminded every now and then.
Here are ways to be better:
1. Don't compare yourself with others. They live a different life. They were born and raised differently. They have a different set of friends. You are your own person. No one does it better than you.
2. Read. This is a great way to expand your horizons and further your knowledge. All the substantial values you cannot find elsewhere are lodged in books. Reading fosters empathy and a better understanding of humanity and the world we live in.
3. Pray. Because prayer heals and we all need to regularly ask for His intervention. We are imperfect beings after all.
4. Care. Every ounce of care molds a person. Do not be self-absorbed. The world doesn't revolve around one ego. There are people with bigger problems. The problems we face may not even compare.
5. Give. You can't live forever. What you have now will all disappear. The present is temporary. Life is passing. Give if you have and when you can. Don't be enslaved by material things.
There is still time to make memorable memories and be the best version of yourself this 2015!